You may have noticed that Viables Community Association has developed a great deal in the last year – there is now a full programme of regular activities for a wide range of people in our community. If you want to find out more, please visit our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
In order to develop further, we desperately need more volunteers in a variety of contexts. At the moment we are specifically looking for the following:
- Facilities Maintenance: someone who can volunteer to do some “odd jobs” around the centre on an ad hoc basis - a couple of hours a month would be perfect
- Website Editor: someone who has some experience and expertise on updating websites and could volunteer a bit of time – our website needs some attention but it is so difficult to keep it up to date with everything that is going on. Training would be given on how to use the website we have and then about half an hour a week to update things would be massive help
- Memory Club Helper: we need volunteers to help out with our Memory Club. This meets every Friday and supports people who are in the early stages of dementia. If you have an activity e.g craft, music, exercise, indoor gardening, anything, that you think the members could enjoy then we would be so pleased to talk to you about perhaps offering an hour or two 3 times a year to expand the range of activities on offer. We are also looking for people who might like to be general volunteers with the Memory Club, helping out on a Friday – it does not have to be every week, even just one Friday morning a month would be great – full support and training given.
- Marketing Helper: someone who has experience of marketing and could volunteer a couple of hours a month to help us get the marketing right in a range of ways
- Barn Tots Assistant: people who could offer some regular support to our Barn Tots parent and toddler group – they meet every Tuesday and Thursday and are run entirely by volunteers
- Barn Bakers Assistant: someone to help out at our Barn Bakers group – you don’t need to be a great cook but we would like someone outgoing and who may be comfortable reading a story to children or singing a few nursery rhymes at the end of the session.
- Trustee: anyone who would be willing to become a volunteer trustee of the association – this involves an evening meeting about once a month plus anything else they want can get involved with to support the running and development of the association – during this last year a trustee has organised the new community film club and another has set in motion the very successful Ukulele classes, another has work to establish the Open Mic events and several trustees and other volunteers help with running the Quiz Nights, Summer & Christmas Fayres
If you think you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer with Viables Community association based at the Viables Craft Centre site, please get in touch either by ringing Gemma or Luan on 01256 473634 emailing us at email@example.com