You may have noticed that Viables Community Association has developed a great deal in the last few years – there is now a full programme of regular activities for a wide range of people in our community. If you want to find out more, please visit our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Viables/ page or follow us on Twitter @ViablesCC or Instagram (viablescommunity)
In order to develop further, we desperately need more volunteers in a variety of contexts. At the moment we are specifically looking for the following:
- Memory Club Support: we need volunteers to help out with our Memory Club. This meets every Friday and supports people who are in the early stages of dementia. If you have an activity e.g craft, music, exercise, indoor gardening, anything, that you think the members could enjoy then we would be so pleased to talk to you about perhaps offering an hour or two 3 times a year to expand the range of activities on offer. We are also looking for people who might like to be general volunteers with the Memory Club, helping out on a Friday – it does not have to be every week, even just one Friday morning a month would be great – full support and training given.
- Barn Tots Assistant: people who could offer some regular support to our Barn Tots parent and toddler group – they meet every Tuesday and Thursday and are run entirely by volunteers. We particularly require support on a Thursday morning.
- Barn Tots SEN support: we need further support to set up and pack away this activity for children with additional needs or disabilities. This includes putting out craft actvities, setting out toys and clearing them away at the end of the session (during which you are welcome to stay)
- Barn Bakers Assistant: someone to help out at our Barn Bakers group – you don’t need to be a great cook but we would like someone outgoing and who may be comfortable reading a story to children or singing a few nursery rhymes at the end of the session.
- Trustee: anyone who would be willing to become a volunteer trustee of the Association – this involves an evening meeting about once a month plus anything else they want can get involved with to support the running and development of the association – during this last few years our trustees have organised community film nights, Cribbage Pairs evenings, Open Mic nights, as well as continued to help run and organise our very popular Quiz Nights, Summer & Christmas Fayres.
- Table Top Sales support: We have indoor car boot/table top sales once a month. These are on a Saturday morning and we need help to set up the tables, serve refreshments and take money on the door. This is just once a month so if you are able to offer some of your time, you will be able to browse the sales for free!
If you think you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer with Viables Community association based at the Viables Craft Centre site, please get in touch either by ringing Gemma or Luan on 01256 473634 emailing us at email@example.com